FireEye Email Threat Prevention Cloud
Cloud-Based Platform That Identifies, Analyzes, and Blocks Email Attacks
The FireEye Email Threat Prevention Cloud is a SaaS offering that combats against today’s advanced email attacks and provides anti-spam, anti-virus protection. As organizations have embraced the cloud for email needs, the Email Threat Prevention Cloud provides a complete email security for cloud mailboxes.
Organizations face an ever-increasing number of threats from email-based spam, viruses, and advanced threats. Email-based attacks, in particular spear phishing, remain one of the primary methods used to initiate an advanced persistent threat (APT) attack because of the complexity involved in detecting them. To protect against malicious emails, organizations simply route messages to the Email Threat Prevention Cloud. The cloud analyzes the emails for spam and known viruses first. It then uses the signature-less FireEye Multi-vector Virtual Execution™ (MVX) engine to analyze every attachment and URL to detect threats and stop APT attacks in real time.
- Complete email security against advanced attacks and anti-spam, anti-virus protection
- Deploys as a cloud-based solution with no hardware or software to install
- Enables operational efficiencies through consolidation
- Integrates with the FireEye NX platform to stop blended attacks across multiple threat vectors
- Analyzes emails for threats, such as zero-day exploits, attacks hidden in ZIP/ RAR/TNEF archives, and malicious URLs
- Provides true file type analysis for all attachment types: EXE, DLL, PDF, SWF, DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX,PPT/PPTX, JPG, PNG,
- MP3, MP4, and many more
- Deploys in active protectionmode as a mail exchanger (MX) destination, or monitor-mode (via BCC)
- In active protection-mode, quarantines malicious emails with optional user notifications
- SOC 2 Type I certification for Security and Confidentiality