100M & Gigabit Ethernet
Cipherwire Networks provides flat rate dedicated Internet at fiber-optic speeds ranging from Fast Ethernet (100 Mbit/s), through GigE Ethernet (GigE), to 10 Gigabit (10 GigE) Ethernet Service. Ethernet will easily scale to support emerging technologies, and its flexibility allows it to adapt to most changes within your network. Now you can affordably increase bandwidth, add new locations, consolidate traffic onto one network, and provide network security without significant capital investments.
Advantages of Ethernet Internet Service
- Can dramatically reduce costs with savings of up to 50% compared to traditional telco-delivered services
- Purchase only the bandwidth you need, delivered to your location, from 100Mbps up to 10 Gbps
- High-bandwidth optical paths will handle all Ethernet, voice, video, data, imaging and internet traffic
- Ethernet leverages existing equipment investments to help reduce future capital expenditures
- Installation and bandwidth upgrades are much faster compare with telco-delivered services, usually days instead of weeks
- Ethernet services are available with either single mode or multi-mode fiber hand-off
- Distance for end-to-end service can run up to 180 miles with repeaters
- Ethernet is seamless, scalable and reliable, and easily interconnects local and wide area networks
Prepare for the future with Ethernet services that accommodate a wide range of Business Applications
- Distance Learning
- Video Streaming
- Call Center Connectivity
- IP Telephony
- Medical Imaging & Telemedicine
Background Information – Fast Ethernet (100 Mbit/s) and Gigabit Ethernet (GbE or 1 GigE)
Fast Ethernet (100 Mbit/s) was introduced in 1995, and is a term for technologies that transmit Ethernet frames at a rate of 100,000,000 bits per second. Gigabit Ethernet was introduced in 1999. Gigabit Ethernet (GbE or 1 GigE) transmits Ethernet frames at a rate of 1 billion bits per second. In recent years GigE has replaced Fast Ethernet in wired Local Area Networks (LAN). Gigabit Ethernet is also widely deployed within Metro Area Networks (MAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN). Today many government and enterprise networks are upgrading to 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE or 10GbE or 10 GigE), with many carrier backbone networks operating at 40 Gigabit Ethernet (40GbE) and 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100GbE).
If you are interested in receiving a 100M Gigabit Ethernet quote, please submit information on the Quote Request Form on the right side of this page and one of our sales representatives will provide you with pricing. We can also provide a 100M Ethernet Quote or a GigE Quote.